Charities We Support
Mark and JoAnn are so excited to share the charities they support.
New charities will be added – so make sure to subscribe to learn about all the great work that is being done in Columbia County.
Women in Philanthropy
Women in Philanthropy is a charitable organization of over 160 women in the Central Savannah River Area of Georgia and South Carolina who are committed to a philanthropic effort focused on the unique needs of women and children within the local communities.
Each year, grants are awarded to non-profit programs and projects that have the potential for high impact, resulting in significant positive change in the lives of women and children in Aiken, Burke, Columbia, Edgefield, McDuffie or Richmond Counties.
As members of WIP, we all recognize that there are tremendous needs in our communities. However, through our work, we have been collectively struck by the enormity of those needs.
Of the many requests received in the 2018-19 cycle, Women in Philanthropy awarded $146,250 to eight area non-profit organizations.
Since our inaugural year, 2009, Women in Philanthropy has awarded $1,065,610 dollars in grants.
Augusta Warrior Project/Forces United
United Way of Augusta
United Way of the CSRA leads the way in identifying health and human service needs and securing the resources that allow individuals and families to achieve their potential through education, financial stability, and healthy lives.
Uniting, focusing, and mobilizing the strengths of the CSRA’s finest nonprofit agencies, government agencies, companies, faith-based groups, and caring individuals is what United Way does best.
You see, United Way is how our community comes together to set an agenda for making our community safer and stronger. WE invest resources. WE build partnerships. WE get real, measurable results.
American Heart Association – CSRA Heart Ball
A Celebration of Creating and Sharing.
The 2017-2018 Ball takes place on Saturday February 10.
Boys and Girls Club of the CSRA
In 1952, Mr. E.W. Hagler established a place where youth in the Augusta community would have a safe place to go after school and during the summer. The first Club was a leased structure located at 1763 Broad Street. In 1959, the Graniteville Company donated 7 acres of land, and contributions from Arthur H. and Ernest B. Merry Foundation, the Silver Family, Roscoe Roberts, Merial Black Corey and the Anne Langdon Estate, opened a Boys Clubs of Augusta at 1903 Division Street in the Harrisburg community. The organization grew from one Club to 10 locations in the past 60 years. In the late 90s, the Clubs began accepting girls into the programs and the name was officially changed to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Augusta. The majority of our Clubs are located in Public Housing neighborhoods with the exception of our school sites. Formerly known as Boys & Girls Clubs of Augusta, the organization underwent a name change in the early 2000’s to Boys & Girls Clubs of the CSRA (BGCCSRA) to reflect our broad outreach in the community.
The Community Foundation
The mission of The Community Foundation for the Central Savannah River Area is to encourage and promote philanthropy through education, responsible management of charitable contributions and the distribution of these funds, and to provide the conduit for this to be accomplished by individuals, companies, private foundations and organizations.