Boys and Girls Club of the CSRA
In 1952, Mr. E.W. Hagler established a place where youth in the Augusta community would have a safe place to go after school and during the summer. The first Club was a leased structure located at 1763 Broad Street. In 1959, the Graniteville Company donated 7 acres of land, and contributions from Arthur H. and Ernest B. Merry Foundation, the Silver Family, Roscoe Roberts, Merial Black Corey and the Anne Langdon Estate, opened a Boys Clubs of Augusta at 1903 Division Street in the Harrisburg community. The organization grew from one Club to 10 locations in the past 60 years. In the late 90s, the Clubs began accepting girls into the programs and the name was officially changed to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Augusta. The majority of our Clubs are located in Public Housing neighborhoods with the exception of our school sites. Formerly known as Boys & Girls Clubs of Augusta, the organization underwent a name change in the early 2000’s to Boys & Girls Clubs of the CSRA (BGCCSRA) to reflect our broad outreach in the community.